Woohoo! Into my email inbox, pops my first blogging award, in fact my first award … since the school maths prize back in the mid 80s. How exciting! Many thanks to petrel41, for this thoughtful gesture, it was a wonderful surprise.
In 2014, the Real Neat Blog Award was created to recognise the many bloggers whose blogs deserve more attention.
The Real Neat Blog Award has ‘rules’. These are entirely voluntary, but I have decided to roll with them.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people linking to their blogs and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
- Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
Here goes ….
Where do most visits to your blog come from? Friends and family.
What is your favourite sport? Love watching tennis. Love doing yoga, dance or aerobics – anything with music and bit of bendiness!
What has been a special moment for you so far in 2020? That has to be the moment my eldest received her first Uni offer. If, like us, the world of medical school application is new territory, it is one daunting and difficult path to tread. Actually hearing that a Uni thought we were ‘good enough’ was a fantastic reward for my daughter’s resilience and a euphoric moment for me back in January.
What is your favourite quote? “It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” (M Twain)
What is/was your favourite class when still at school? Oooh, stuck between English and Latin!
Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? The years I lived without porter (stouty beer), I now view as wasted years!
Which politician would you never vote for, supposing you could vote for him or her? Too many to list!
- Pointless Overthinking
- Rose Girl’s World
- Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice
- Wee Ginger Dug
- Pilates Leeds
- Ramblings of a Rookie Life
- The Perfect Juggler
- Silent Pen
- H.J Tanner
- Solo Mum in Aus
1. What is your most visited blog post of 2020?
2. If you could have a ticket to see any live act, who would you pick?
3. How have you coped with Lockdown?
4. What is your favourite quote?
5. Nature or nurture?
6. What advice would you give your teenage self ?
7. Can you name politician you admire? If yes, who?